Innovation & Learning
Under this stream we will link with partners e.g. the Barbet’s Duet under whose aegis we have the Seme and Nkoroi Learning Sites ( KanyaJowiDongo Self Help Groups that coordinates the philanthropic work in education and social entrepreneurship.
Under the Barbet’s Learning Sites HAOSSAR manages two sites: in Seme and Nkoroi.
- Pioneering and promotion of building using local material that do not degrade the environment including the use of interlocking stabilized soil blocks.
- Water Harvesting – promoting 100% guttering – and building of aesthetically superior underground water tanks.
- Commercializing fuit tree planting – Pawpaw, Tissue Culture Bananas and Mangoes
- Commercializing herbs and spices – Lemon grass, dhania, etc
- Cottage Industry – Soap making
- Pork farming –
KanyaJowiDongo Self Help Group : Crowdfunding approach to easing access to education by the less privileged. Taking the Harambee spirit to a new level.